Bibliography: Upskilling resources for programmers
One bundle to rule them all!
Knowledge is the cleanest fuel to accelerate your career. With a deluge of information, getting started is easy but identifying the right direction is nearly impossible.
"learning" is hijacked by "keeping up with trends."
The solution is simple. Stick to the fundamentals. Computer Science is a juxtaposition of mathematics and electronics.
Software Engineering = People + Programs
The following list was curated during 20+ years as an engineer and 15+ years as a software professional.
Explore programming and people management fundamentals through podcasts, conference talks, and books. The collection covers the following categories.
- Free video learning resource links
- Programming/Software Podcasts
- Software Engineering Podcasts
- Data Engineering & Distributed Systems Podcasts
- Business Podcasts
- Artificial Intelligence Podcasts
- Personal Podcast Picks
- Economy, Finance, and Policies (mostly w.r.t India) Podcasts
- Algorithms and Data Structures
- Compiler Design and tools
- Computer Architecture
- Computer Graphics
- CPP Language
- Distributed Systems and tools
- File Systems
- Machine Learning and AI
- Operating Systems
- Programming and Software Engineering
- Advertising and Marketing
- Business Management
- Finance and Behavioural Economics
- People management, including self
A collection of references to 25+ podcasts, 30+ technical Youtube channels and 250+ reference books spanning 20 + categories. A one-stop reading list for modern software professionals.